Inspiring, friendly, nurturing and calming – welcome to Hopelands Prep Nursery School!
Open to children from the age of 3 our nursery school is a happy and engaging space for our children to learn and play, flourish, shine and grow. Our nursery is run by an experienced Early Years teacher who builds key relationships with both the children and their families. Through this relationship we make sure we fully understand each child and their needs, enabling us to plan all activities tailored to each child’s interests thereby underpinning their happiness which is integral to successful learning. Through access to specialist teaching in subjects such as French, art, PE, drama, music, and dance we ensure we provide academic excellence from a very early age. This fosters an early love for learning and lays the foundations for a smooth transition into school.
In our nurturing environment, the children have fun as they learn and develop their skills through a combination of play, social interactions and formal teaching. The children develop into confident youngsters, we encourage their creativity, build friendships and most importantly the children feel safe and happy and are always supported and encouraged to be the best they can be.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS) and all activities are carefully designed to fulfil the 7 areas of learning and development. These are:
- Communication and language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Having the nursery class situated next to the reception class, provides the benefit of free flow provision between the two areas based on each child’s individual needs. This ensures that every child can fulfil their academic potential whilst maturing emotionally at their own individual pace, in an engaging and nurturing environment.
Why choose Hopelands Nursery for your child?
- Experienced Early Years teacher
- Access to the whole school and play areas
- A learning environment which enables your child to develop their personal and social skills to get them ready for their journey into school life
- Inspire young minds and help grow their creativity through exploring music, art, dance and French with the support of specialist teachers
- Develop their love for sport, teamwork, and games through our PE provision
- Access to the beautiful grounds of Westonbirt School for Forest School
- Tailored activities to encourage them to explore, discover, and be curious about the world around us
- Instil confidence, kindness, a love of learning and happiness by being part of the Hopelands Prep School community
- Small class sizes throughout the school with an average of 12 pupils per class
- Opportunity to take part in exciting extracurricular clubs including circus skills, cookery, construction and creative play
Structure of the Nursery School Day:
- The school day is 8:30am – 3.45pm
- Additional school care is available both in the morning, from 7.45am and after school, until 5.30pm. These are at an additional cost of £4.55 (am) and £9.10 (pm)
15 hours Early Years Free Entitlement Funding & Childcare Vouchers
Hopelands Prep is registered and accepts the Government’s Early Years Education Funding for 3 and 4 year olds which, subject to terms and conditions, provides free education of up to 15 hours per week during term-time (35 weeks per year). The Funding periods are 1 Sept – 31 Dec; 1 Jan – 31 Mar; 1 Apr – 31 Aug.
Funding is applied for by the school for the period following a child’s 3rd birthday and finishes at the end of the period in which they turn 5.
Nursery Term Fees (please note there are 3 terms per year):
The minimum number of days a child can attend the nursery is 3.
|5 Days (Full Time)
|15 Funded hours
Discover the difference focus, imagination and creativity could make to your child and contact the Registrar, Sam Compton, on 01453 822164 or email@example.com to arrange your personal tour.